Necessity of Innovation Legwarmers Digital knitting Pattern
Please also note, that due to the nature of PDF downloads, I am unable to offer refunds at this time.
However, I am available by e-mail, to answer any questions/concerns you may have.
Also, please note that depending on your location, taxes or VAT may be added to your purchase price.
- - - -
These legwarmers came about because “Necessity is the Mother of Invention!” And, because I wanted legwarmers I could remove without taking off my boots. These lace and cable leggings are knit flat, and then fasten up the side of the leg with either buttons or a zipper -- directions for both are included!
For questions and support, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
- - -
The legwarmers are knit flat (on straight or circular needles) and are fastened around the leg by either buttons or a zipper. Optional eyelets at the top allow for a cord or a ribbon to be threaded through and tied.
This pattern has written instructions, and the stitch pattern is both written and charted. This pattern also has an accessible large print option that is compatible with screen-reading software. This option includes only the written instruction.
- - -
Sizes Available: Seven:
To fit Thigh Circumference: 14, (17, 20, 23), [25, 28, 31] inches (36, 43, 50, 58), [66, 71, 79] cm.
Finished Circumference: 10, (13, 16, 19), [21, 24, 27] inches (25, 33, 40, 48), [53, 60, 69] cm.
Leg Length: 23 inches (58 cm); adjustable.
508 (661, 814, 967),[1120, 1273, 1426] yards / 465, (604. 744, 884), [1024, 1164, 1304] meters of heavy fingering or sport-weight yarn. Sample is knit in Dream in Colour Smooshy in "Brilliant" (85% Superwash Merino, 15% Nylon)
3 mm (US 2.5) straight or circular needles for working flat.
- tapestry needle
- 2 cable needles
- 2 removable stitch markers
- Optional: 2, (3, 4, 5) [6, 7, 8] removable stitch markers to mark pattern repeats.
- 22 1/2 inch buttons (12 mm), or 1 23 inch (58 cm) (or desired leg length) separating zipper
- Optional: 79 (82, 85, 88), [90, 93, 96] inches (200, 208, 216, 224), [229, 236, 244] cm of ribbon or cord.
Gauge for Pattern:
- 20 sts and 34 rows = 4 inches (10 cm square) in stocking stitch
- 21 sts and 36 rows = 4 inches (10 cm square) in lace pattern, unstretched.
- long-tail cast on
- decreases: k2tog, k2togtbl, k3tog, ssk, sssk
- increases: yo, m1l, and (k1, yo, k1) in the same stitch
- working cables with a cable needle
You may not re-distribute this PDF.
While you may teach a knitting class using this pattern, each student in the class must purchase a copy. However, if you would like to purchase discounted copies of the pattern in bulk for a class, please contact me for details.
If you’d like to make any of my designs as donations to charity, go right ahead. If you want to sell anything you’ve created from my designs for charity or commercial purposes, also go right ahead.
The only thing I ask for the above is that you credit me (“Sarah Dawn’s Designs”) and list the pattern name as well. Thank you!
If you would like to offer to translate this pattern into other languages, I’d love to work with you to do so! Please, contact me by e-mail to discuss the details.
- - -
If you would like to try this pattern from Sarah Dawn’s Designs for free, you can sign up for the Sarah Dawn’s Designs E-mail Newsletter and get a Free Pattern Download!
Also, Sarah Dawn’s Designs is now on Patreon! For access to exclusive behind-the-scenes content, discounts, input on designs, live-chats, and more, please come join in!
Newest Update: October 28, 2021
- - -
If you have any questions, please, don't hesitate to get in contact with me! You can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photo Credit: Stephanie Wallace
1) Someone wearing a blue-green lace knit legwarmer, tied at the top with a pale blue ribbon.
2) A knit lace legwarmer, worked in fingering-weight yarn. The legwarmer buttons up the side of the leg, and is partially unbuttoned over a winter boot.
3) A close up swatch of lace, with a chevron lace motif and a central cable, done in blue-green fingering-weight yarn.
4) A blue-green knit lace legwarmer, laying flat buttoned up with small brown buttons